Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rodin and Napoleon

My mom was back in Paris, helping me while Emily was here, Josh was at school and the poor Giuseppe was "working" in Paraty. 
The first day we went shopping and we had a great time, then things got a bit confusing when Josh's school and the extra-school activity schedule needed to be respected...but it's grand-ma and I had to admit that it's easy to get lost in Paris with all the metro lines. Josh started his Toussaint vacation (10 days out of school!!!!) so we went visiting Museums and movie theaters. 
Speaking about Toussaint, I found it contradictory that a country as Italy, with all the Catholicism, only celebrates 2 days for this religious festivity...whereas the "secular France", despite its "laicite'", has a such long festivity: most of the public hospitals and school shut down. I bet it's not about catholic church or laicism, it's just that they love to take vacations and any excuse is good! How wouldn't?
The Rodin Museum and Les Invalides are great but the Baccarat Museum was quite disappointing: 4 rooms, some glasses, and of course a huge Boutique. Well, there's nothing there I need to buy for my 550 sf apartment here! I'm sure Ikea offers better deals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As usual, comments are welcome and much appreciated.