Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Please welcome Josh, the Sommelier

Like father, like son. 
Tonight I drop off Josh to Linda and Joe's house since Giuseppe is still in Saudi Arabia and I had to stay in the hospital until after dinner. I bought a bottle of wine for them to go with Joe's French stew ( boeuf bourguignon). Joe opened the wine, a "St Joseph 2007" and commented: " Well, this seems to be a fairly good wine" or something similar. At that point, my son emerged from the video-game he was playing, and said: " Actually, the year 2007 wasn't the best for this wine. My father says that 2006 was a much better year"! 


Josh, two thumbs up: I don't know if you'll ever become a space engineer or scientist, but for sure you have a future as a sommelier. I checked on the web and he was right: 2006 was actually better than 2007.
Why does he remember such useless information (for a kid) and he doesn't seem to remember his math? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As usual, comments are welcome and much appreciated.