Sunday, December 11, 2011

Les Cailloux

Who's to say that you don't eat good regional food outside your Country? I do. Normally  I don't eat Italian outside of Italy. I like the traditional plates to be kept "original", not mixed or adjusted to the new location. In this case, I was wrong.
We went for dinner in an Italian Bistro very close to us, Les Cailloux, literally 20 steps. 



It's difficult to find a table since it's always booked. Now I understand why. The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. Service is quick. 
The food is simply superlative. We began with padellata di calamaria al nero di seppia (calamari with squid ink), burrata con verdure grigliate (burrata with grilled veggies), carpaccio di manzo con parmigiano e rucola. 


Then risotto con tartufo nero (black truffles rice) 


and ravioli ricotta e spinaci al burro e salvia. Finally biscotti di castagne fatti in casa. 
Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As usual, comments are welcome and much appreciated.