Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The rain....

Some time ago, an American mother of  asked me what was the aspect of Paris that I liked most. Without thinking twice, I replied "The rain!". Indeed I always thought that this city reveales the best of its beauty and charm when the weather is rainy and the sky is covered with dark clouds. I think of the sound of the raindrops on the roofs, the reflections of the monuments in the puddles, the couples in love under one umbrella, as in the paintings of Doisneau ... But enough is enough!  


I can't tolerate more of this rain, more soaked clothes or muddied shoes or filthy footprints on the floor. Enough with carrying umbrellas in my purse, enough with the perpetually messy and wrinkled hair. After all, shouldn't this be the City of Light? So, let me ask you: when was the last time we had the opportunity to actually see the light? I can't remember. My memory had been washed away during the last downpour. Could I have a little sun for more than two days in a row? A little healthy Californian sun? Please....

No comments:

Post a Comment

As usual, comments are welcome and much appreciated.