Sunday, April 22, 2012

Trip to Norway

Sometimes, when at 3 o'clock in the morning, I see the light still on and I realize that Giuseppe is still working on one of his projects, I wish he wasn't so good as he is in his job, so that he could take a break and enjoy more time with us. On the other hand, when he is invited to Norway as guest speaker in a conference, I really like the fact that he is so damn good at what he does! When I told a friend of mine that we would go to Trysil  and then to Oslo with Giuseppe, she said:" Damn! I think I picked up the wrong husband!". 
The trip was long, especially the 3 hrs bus ride to the ski resort (only one stop in the middle of nowhere, without coffee...) but as soon as we arrived, it started snowing. In the next couple of days we spent most of our time relaxing (bowling, swimming pool and of course sauna!!!)...




 





...and of course skiing!













Josh found a couple of peers to play with...



 Then on Friday we left the mountain and the snow and we went back to Oslo. 




 




The city is very small but spotless. We spent one afternoon visiting around and eating once more salmon (breakfast, lunch and dinner). I think  I had enough of it for the next year....














The coolest place? Certainly the Icebar where everything, from the walls to the bar and event the glasses are made of ice. The price for a 45 minutes stay + 1 drink is crazy but, since there's only a dozen of them around the world and one was right in front of us, how can you resist? 







The hotel was good, in the center of the city but had a major problem: no sugar for the coffee. Only sweetener. How can you do this?



No comments:

Post a Comment

As usual, comments are welcome and much appreciated.