Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chocolate, hang drums and other discoveries

How many discoveries this week?
First, the
chocolate museum, of which, my bad, I had never heard of. Very nice, well organized, with explanations in many languages. Excellent also the idea of a chocolate atelier. The best part was the boutique for a little taste of all kind of assorted chocolate goodies. Yumm!!!






Second
discovery: leaving the museum we walked on the blvd de la Bonne Nouvelle to the junction with blvd du Sebastopol. As we approached this intersection, I noticed more and more women of an age between 20 to 50, dressed (actually half-naked) in a very provoking way, leaning against the walls or sitting on scooters. Some of them were carrying bag of groceries, but something in their attitude told me that they were there for other reasons .... I did a quick search on the internet with my phone and I got confirmation of my suspicions: streetwalkers, in broad daylight, waiting for customers. How naif of me to think that Pigalle is the  red light district...

Latest discovery
: we walked to the Beaubourg. When we arrived we heard this extraordinary music, that I never heard before . It came from an instrument unknown to me, the HANG DRUM (originally from Switzerland!!). How magical is it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

As usual, comments are welcome and much appreciated.